Recipe by Chef Alexandra Borgia, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. In a two gallon pot, heat the oil over a moderate flame. Add onion, carrots and celery, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
2. Add tomato puree, stock and cannellini beans to the pot, and bring up to a simmer.
3. Add bay leaves, thyme, salt and black pepper, stirring to incorporate. Simmer 15 more minutes then add the pasta, stirring frequently so it cooks evenly. Continue to cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove bay leaves.
4. Serve with optional grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
See Also: Miso Soup
Photography by Alexandra Shytsman, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g