To blanch zucchini and broccoli, add the cut vegetables to a pot of boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and then immediately rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- 1 lb. cooked pasta, such as fusilli, penne or shells
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced and blanched
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 to 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 8 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mellow miso
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In large bowl, combine pasta, bell peppers, onion, zucchini and broccoli.
- Make dressing: In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in miso. Gradually stir in broth. When miso and broth are well blended, stir in parsley and red pepper flakes. Pour miso dressing over pasta mixture and serve.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 451 mg