This summer salad is bursting with robust flavors. Try it with fresh corn on the cob or a salad of mixed greens just picked from the garden.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. drained capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. medium pasta shells
- 2 cups halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh water-packed mozzarella, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives (approximately 20 olives)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in food processor, make dressing: combine all dressing ingredients. Process until sun-dried tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until pasta is just tender, about 11 minutes. Drain well and transfer to large serving bowl.
- Add dressing to hot pasta and toss to coat. Let cool, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 646 mg