This tangy rendition of a classic pasta salad is high in protein and great taste. It doubles beautifully and makes a terrific lunch the next day. Serve it in hollowed-out yellow and/or red tomatoes for a lovely presentation.
- 10 oz. small dried pasta shapes, such as twists or small shells
- 8-oz. pkg. baked marinated tofu (any flavor), finely diced
- 2 large stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
MEAL PLAN: While the pasta is cooking, boil some fresh corn on the cob to accompany the salad. Also, prepare a platter of crunchy carrot sticks and sliced radishes and strips of green or red bell peppers.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain again. Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill until needed or serve right away.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 248 mg