The striking red-orange hue of this richly flavored sauce contrasts beautifully with the dark green spinach.
- 10 oz. whole grain pasta (any shape)
- 2 10-oz. pkg. fresh baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 12.3-oz. containers firm silken tofu
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers with garlic
- 2 heaping Tbs. small capers, drained
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put spinach in large, deep skillet or saucepan (cook in batches if necessary) with 2 Tbs. water. Stir greens over medium-high heat until wilted. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine tofu, peppers and 3?4 tsp. salt in food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy.
- Drain spinach, gently pressing out any excess liquid. Combine tofu mixture and spinach in pan, stirring to blend. Cook over low heat, stirring often to heat through; do not let boil.
- Drain pasta, and place on serving plates. Top with spinach mixture, and sprinkle with capers. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g