This dessert is the perfect answer for those days that are simply too hot to think about turning on the oven. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- 8 fresh peaches, sliced, or 2 lbs. frozen peach slices, thawed (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 13.6-oz. fat-free pound cake, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Bring peach slices, preserves, sugar, lemon juice and salt to a simmer in saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 7 minutes, or until peaches are tender. Stir in blackberries.
- Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving about 6 inches of plastic wrap hanging off all sides. Line bottom and sides of loaf pan with pound cake slices, cutting slices as necessary to fill in gaps. Ladle half of peach mixture into pan. Top with layer of pound cake (about 3 slices). Pour remaining peach mixture into pan and top with cake slices, making sure to fill in all cracks. Pull plastic wrap over top of cake and press down lightly. Weigh pudding down with 2 14-oz. cans and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cans and unwrap top of pan. Invert onto large plate. Divide among bowls, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 201 mg
- Sugar Content: 39 g