A teriyaki sauce comes together quickly and easily, so make your own at home rather than buying a commercial brand.
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sherry or sake
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 8 oz. water chestnuts
- 2 oz. teriyaki-flavored baked tofu
- 8 oz. sliced bamboo shoots
- 4 oz. round or flat rice stick noodles
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 peach, sliced
- 3 oz. snow pea pods, trimmed
- To make Teriyaki Sauce: Combine all ingredients in small bowl, and set aside.
- To make Stir-Fry: Place water chestnuts, tofu and bamboo shoots in Teriyaki Sauce, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to a boil, and cook noodles until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add water chestnuts, tofu, bamboo shoots and Teriyaki Sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add peach slices and snow pea pods, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- To serve, portion noodles on individual plates, and spoon Stir-Fry over top.
A suitable wine match for teriyaki is often Riesling; and one of the flavor characteristics often attributed to fruit-forward Riesling is "peachy." Try any Riesling made by Lingenfelder Estate.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 460 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g