Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If peaches are out of season, use apples instead, and peel and cut them into thin slices.
- Beat together eggs, milk, brown sugar, flour and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Add peach slices, a few at a time, and coat well with batter.
- In large stockpot or deep fryer, heat oil to 375F.
- Using long slotted spoon, remove peach slices from batter, and place in oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove, using long slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat process until all peach slices are fried and light brown.
- To serve, sprinkle fritters with confectioners’ sugar, and serve hot.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 745
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 141 mg
- Fat Content 58 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 54 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g