Balancing the tannins in strong brewed tea with pieces of fresh summer fruit and sweet fruit nectar creates an exceptionally refreshing beverage. Tote it in a Thermos or ice-filled, tightly capped plastic pitcher to your picnic spot. For a variation, substitute blackberry juice, blueberry juice or bilberry nectar for peach nectar, and try blackberries for peaches.
- 5 black or green tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups peach or apricot nectar
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Ice cubes, optional
- Mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Combine brewed tea and nectar in large pitcher. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups peaches. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Put remaining peach slices into individual glasses. Add ice cubes, if using, and pour in tea. Garnish with mint sprig, if desired.
- Serving Size: SERVES 8
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g