Peanut butter helps keep this rich, moist bread deliciously low in fat. For more banana flavor, use the darkest (black is good), ripest bananas you can find.
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat standard loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
2. Whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg and oil. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool on rack 15 minutes before unmolding. Cool completely, then slice and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 342
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 26 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 34 g