Canned pears are already tender, so this crumble only needs to bake until the juices bubble, cutting the cooking time to less than half that of making this dessert with
- 2 29-oz. cans pear halves in heavy syrup
- 3 Tbs. diced crystallized ginger
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 10 oz. (about 40) gingersnap cookies
- 3 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 1 pint low-fat vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Drain all but 1/3 cup syrup from canned pears. Cut pears into large chunks. Toss pears, reserved 1/3 cup of syrup, ginger and 1 Tbs. butter in prepared baking dish.
3. Pulse cookies in food processor until coarsely crumbled. Add sugar and remaining 4 Tbs. butter, and pulse to blend. Sprinkle cookie mixture over pears. Bake 18 minutes, or until juices bubble. Spoon into bowls, top with dollop of ice cream, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 73 g
- Cholesterol Content: 21 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 249 mg
- Sugar Content: 52 g