Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If you’re not eating this tart right away, cool it in the pan to keep the juices from making the crust soggy. Warm 10 minutes in a 350°F oven, then unmold.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir together sugar and 1/3 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat, swirling pan occasionally to dissolve sugar. Boil syrup 5 minutes, or until it becomes amber-colored.
2. Pour caramel into 8-inch round baking pan, swirling to cover bottom completely with caramel. Sprinkle pine nuts over caramel. Arrange pears in circle with wide sides out, then place 1 pear quarter in center to fill hole.
3. Unfold puff pastry and trim off one-third. Reserve for another use. Place remaining two-thirds puff pastry over pears, trim to fit pan, then press onto edges to seal. Prick all over with fork.
4. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until puff pastry is golden brown and looks dry on top. Cool 20 minutes. Invert tart onto serving plate and serve warm.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 244
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 46 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g