30 minutes or fewer
The silken tofu gives this sauce a rich, creamy quality, and the olives give it some punch. For the best flavor, use a high-quality pasta sauce.
- 10 oz. whole wheat penne
- 1 lb. broccoli
- 1 cup reduced-fat firm silken tofu
- 2 cups low-sodium jarred pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives, preferably kalamata
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add pinch of salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli until just tender, about 7 minutes.
- Put tofu into food processor or blender, and purée until smooth. In medium saucepan, combine tofu, pasta sauce, olives and enough reserved pasta cooking water to create a creamy sauce. Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (do not boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer pasta to serving bowl; add broccoli, and toss to mix. Top with sauce, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrate Content: 78 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 16 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Sodium Content: 420 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g