Lots of zucchini and basil are the secret to this wonderful fresh-tasting pasta.
- 8 oz. uncooked penne or gemelli pasta
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 small zucchini (about 1 lb.), halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta in pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned.
- Return pasta to pot, and add remaining 1/2 Tbs. oil and zucchini. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until liquid is slightly absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add more cooking water if pasta becomes dried out. Stir in half of basil, and transfer pasta to large platter. Sprinkle with remaining basil and cheese, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g