Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Lots of zucchini and basil are the secret to this wonderful fresh-tasting pasta.
- Cook pasta in pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned.
- Return pasta to pot, and add remaining 1/2 Tbs. oil and zucchini. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until liquid is slightly absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add more cooking water if pasta becomes dried out. Stir in half of basil, and transfer pasta to large platter. Sprinkle with remaining basil and cheese, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 110 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g