This tea, which brews while it sits in the sun, is less bitter than a tea made with boiling water.
- 4 tea bags, preferably a blend of orange pekoe and black tea
- 6 cups filtered water
- 6 sprigs fresh peppermint
- Ice, lemon wedges and sugar for serving
- In 2-quart glass jar or pitcher, combine tea bags, water and mint. Cover and set in a sunny window or out on the porch in the sun until tea is steeped, about 5 hours.
- Discard tea bags. Pour tea over ice in tall glasses. Garnish with lemon and serve with sugar if desired.
- Serving Size: 8 Servings