Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Infusing freshly ground nutmeg into the milk makes every bite of this dish rich and delicious. Serve as a main course with seasoned rice or couscous, or as a side dish. Feel free to substitute allspice as well—just reduce the amount to 1 teaspoon.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 4 12-oz. ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place milk, nutmeg, and pepper in saucepan, and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until volume has reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cottage cheese, and eggs. Spoon into prepared ramekins, and sprinkle each with 2 Tbs. breadcrumbs.
- Set ramekins in roasting pan, and fill pan one-third full with hot water. Bake 45 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 118 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 714 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g