Persians use rose water in many of their desserts. This ice cream exemplifies how rose water turns an everyday sweet into a festive dish.
- 1 qt. vanilla frozen soy dessert, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbs. rose water, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed saffron threads, softened in 1 Tbs. water
- 1/2 cup vegan whipped cream, optional
- Put softened soy dessert into large bowl. Stir in rose water, pistachios and saffron until well blended. Scoop mixture into freezer container, and refreeze until almost solid. Serve with whipped cream, if using.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 65 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g