This heavenly paste made from fresh basil, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and pine nuts is an incredibly versatile flavoring that works especially well with grilled vegetables, pasta and salads. It can be stored airtight in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In food processor or blender, combine basil, cilantro, garlic and pine nuts and process until finely chopped. With motor running, slowly pour in oil and process until mixture forms a paste. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and pulse on/off to combine.
- Let stand for 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 18 mg