Cocktail nuts may be oh-so-yummy, but they’re also oh-so-salty. Prepared pesto gives this party mix plenty of flavor, with less salt.
- 1/4-CUP SERVINGServings
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 cups assorted raw whole cashews, almonds, and pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Combine pesto and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Add nuts, and toss to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan over nut mixture, and toss to coat.
2. Spread nuts on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and roast 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so nuts toast evenly. Sprinkle with salt again. Transfer nuts to paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 cup
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 191 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g