Summers flavors in midwinterthats one way to warm up suppertime. Pass a salad with tart greens such as baby spinach or dandelion greens. A chocolate custard or pudding would be a happy ending.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 2 tsp. pesto
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté potatoes and onion about 10 minutes, or until potatoes start to soften and turn golden.
- Add cannellini beans, garlic and green beans, and sauté 2 minutes more. Cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes more. Uncover, stir in pesto and cook about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, garnish with basil and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g