Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This frozen treat inspires thoughts of sun-drenched tropical beaches. Toasting the coconut shreds intensifies the coconut flavor and turns them golden brown for an attractive garnish.
- To toast coconut shreds, spread shreds in ungreased skillet and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, or until shreds begin to brown. Set aside.
- Combine piña colada mix, drained pineapple, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sugar in large mixing bowl, and stir to combine well. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer container and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When firm, scoop mixture into container, cover and freeze for 30 minutes, if needed to firm. To serve, garnish each portion generously with toasted coconut.
- Serving Size MAKES ABOUT 1 ½ QUARTS
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 10 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g