Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This luscious pineapple cake is easy to make, and it is a light accompaniment to any tea so it doesnt interfere with the flavor of the tea. Although using canned pineapple is very easy, you may want to try cubes cut from a fresh pineapple.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8-inch round or square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and coat it lightly with flour. Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue to beat well for 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating mixture well after each addition.
- Stir flour, salt, baking powder and milk to egg mixture in mixing bowl, adding each ingredient 1 at a time. Stir pineapple in by hand, taking care not to overbeat. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and allow cake to cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cake onto a cooling rack. Slice, and serve when cake has cooled completely.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g