Serve this bread salad with a bowl of soup for a fast, veggie-loaded dinner. You might even want to double the recipe and take leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 7-inch whole-wheat pita, cut into 8 triangles
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup frozen fava beans or lima beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- Lemon-Mint Dressing
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Add pita triangles, and toast 1 minute on each side, or until slightly brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Place artichoke hearts in glass dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high power 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain, and place in bowl. Microwave fava beans in same glass dish on high power, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain, and add to artichokes. Microwave peas in same glass dish on high power, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring midway. Drain, and add to artichokes and fava beans.
- To make Lemon-Mint Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add Lemon-Mint Dressing and toasted pita triangles to artichoke mixture, and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving so pita absorbs flavors.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 472
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 19 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 365 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g