There’s no need for cheese when you use cilantro-laced hummus to hold pita quesadillas together. Serve with salsa.
- 1/2 quesadillaServings
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 15-oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 7-inch whole-wheat pitas, split crosswise
- 4 jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. To make Hummus: Process cilantro and garlic in food processor until chopped. Add chickpeas, lime juice, oil, and 1/4 cup water; purée 3 minutes, or until creamy.
2. To make Quesadillas: Place 4 pita halves on baking sheet. Spread each with 1/2 cup Hummus. Top with peppers, spinach, and remaining pita halves. Bake 10 minutes, or until crisp. Cut into triangles, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 193
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 393 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g