Menu plan: Accompany these pitas with a sliced cucumber and tomato salad.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 tsp. sweet curry powder
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Green leaf or butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In medium saucepan, bring 11/2 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in bulgur, and let sit, covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes (it will still be a bit chewy).
- Meanwhile, heat pitas in warm oven. Transfer bulgur to large bowl, and add curry powder, balsamic vinegar, garlic, scallions, grapes, cranberries and bell pepper, stirring well.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bulgur mixture, and cook, stirring, until hot. Remove from heat, and stir in feta. Stuff lettuce and mixture into each pita.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 474
- Carbohydrate Content: 90 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 561 mg