There is no standard recipe for this soup because the amount of sugar needed will vary depending on sweetness and type of plums used. Served with Basil Gelato, it becomes a fashionable dessert.
- 10 plums, preferably Santa Rosa plums
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar or more, or to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cut plums in half, remove pits and place plums in large pot. Add water and sugar to taste.
- Cook plums over low heat until soft and juices released. Add more sugar if needed. Remove from heat, and, using wooden spoon, push plums through sieve. Cool, and add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve chilled with the Basil Gelato.
- Serving Size: Serves 10
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 24 g