This loaf can be assembled ahead, then baked when youre ready to serve it.
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 24-oz. tube precooked basil-and-garlic-flavored polenta
- 4 Tbs. vegan sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive tapenade
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Coat sheet pan with nonstick spray. Place eggplant rounds on pan, and coat with more spray. Season with salt and pepper; bake 15 minutes. Turn rounds over, coat with more spray, and bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Cut polenta into 1/2-inch slices. Layer one-third of slices in loaf pan so they overlap slightly. Spread 2 Tbs. pesto over polenta, and top with half of eggplant rounds. Sprinkle half of basil over eggplant. Repeat layers of polenta, pesto and eggplant. Spread tapenade over eggplant. Top with remaining basil and polenta. Press down gently. Bake 35 minutes. Slice and serve immediately, or let rest 25 minutes, then unmold and slice.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 263
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 756 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g