Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A popular dish in Italy, polenta refers to both a specific type of cornmeal and the dish it is used to make. Find granulated garlic in your local health food store.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice polenta, and place in food processor. Process polenta, and add water, cornstarch, flour, garlic and 1/2 cup soy Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth. Spread polenta evenly on pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove polenta from oven, and spread 2 cups sauce evenly over polenta crust. Top with sliced soy bacon, bell peppers, scallions and remaining 1/3 cup soy Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes more. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 179
- Carbohydrate Content 313 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 694 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g