This fragrant and easy-to-make vinegar adds unusual flavor to vinaigrettes and marinades. It will keep several months if stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight. You will need a quart canning jar or a glass container of equivalent size.
- 2 cups mashed pomegranate arils 6 4-inch strips orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced in half length-wise
- 1 Tbs. coriander seeds
- 6 Tbs. sugar or honey
- 3 cups red wine vinegar
- Place mashed pomegranate arils and juice into sanitized quart canning jar. Add orange zest, garlic and coriander seeds.
- Dissolve sugar or honey in vinegar, then pour over pomegranate mixture. Cover with tight lid and set aside in cool, dark place to infuse for 2 weeks.
- Strain, then pour liquid into sanitized wine bottle, cork tightly and use as needed.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 Cups
- Calories: 20
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g