Pomelo segments and fresh coconut meat make a refreshing salad.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.Servings
- 1 large pink or white pomelo, sectioned
- 1 cup (or more) freshly grated mature coconut, cut into long shreds, or a julienne of young coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
Set out the pomelo sections in a single layer on a platter. Sprinkle with the coconut. Strew with the fresh cilantro and green chilies. No need for anything else. Alternatively, if the pieces of pomelo are irregular, you can lightly toss everything together.
Recipe printed with permission from My Bombay Kitchen, by Niloufer Ichaporia King.