Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For extra flavor, use roasted peppers packed in olive oil with garlic. If you’re in the mood, top the cooked mushrooms with a bit of your favorite cheese.
Meal Plan: Make a quick salad with chopped fresh tomatoes and chopped fresh basil. Toss with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil.
- Drain roasted peppers in strainer set over small bowl, reserving liquid. You should have about 2 tablespoons liquid. Thinly slice peppers and set aside. Whisk vinegar, oil, mustard and 1 tablespoon water into red pepper liquid in bowl to make dressing. In medium bowl, place 1 tablespoon dressing and reserve.
- Prepare grill or heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush remaining dressing over both sides of mushrooms. On grill or pan, place mushrooms cut side down. Cook until tender, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place 1 mushroom on bottom of each bun. Top with pepper slices. Add arugula to reserved dressing in bowl and toss well. Place some arugula salad on top of each mushroom, cover with bun tops and serve.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g