30 minutes or fewer
If you use 10 to 12 small portobellos instead of 6 large ones, this dish could be served as an appetizer. For a flavor twist, substitute marinated artichoke hearts for the sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1 6-oz. jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped and oil reserved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps
- Preheat broiler. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions. Remove from heat, and stir in tomatoes, spinach and Parmesan cheese; add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Scrape off brown gills from inside mushroom caps using spoon. Stir 2 Tbs. gills into polenta mixture, and discard remaining gills. Brush both sides of mushroom caps with reserved oil from tomatoes. Place caps, stem side down, on baking sheet, and broil 5 minutes on each side, or until soft.
- Spoon polenta mixture into mushroom caps. Broil mushrooms about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using spatula, transfer mushrooms to serving plates.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g