Turn dinner into a dim sum party by sharing a platter of pot stickers served with jasmine tea. Just be sure to check the pot sticker label if you’re a vegan—these dumplings can be made with eggs and dairy. The dipping sauce also makes a delicious salad dressing.
- 6 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 8-oz. pkg. shredded cabbage and carrots (about 4 cups)
- 4 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 Tbs.)
- 2 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen vegetable pot stickers
- 1 8-oz. pkg. stringless sugar snap peas (about 2 cups)
- To make Dipping Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl, and set aside.
- To make Slaw: Toss together cabbage and carrots, green onion and cilantro in bowl. Fold in 3 Tbs. Dipping Sauce. Divide remaining sauce among 4 small bowls, and transfer to serving platter.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen pot stickers, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy, shaking skillet occasionally to prevent sticking. Add 2 Tbs. water; cover, and cook 3 minutes more, or until pot stickers are heated through. Remove from heat, and transfer pot stickers to slaw. Add sugar snap peas and 1 Tbs. water to skillet. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, or until crisp-tender. Tuck sugar snap peas between pot stickers, and serve with Dipping Sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 304
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 727 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g