- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole.
- Pat potatoes dry with paper towels. Arrange half the potato slices in single layer over bottom of prepared casserole, overlapping slightly. Season with a little salt, pepper and basil. Sprinkle with half the chopped onion.
- Add all carrot slices, overlapping slightly. Season with a little salt, pepper and basil; sprinkle with remaining onion. Top with remaining potato slices, overlapping slightly. Season with remaining salt, pepper and basil.
- Add enough broth to come three-quarters of the way up vegetables. Cover casserole with lid or foil and bake until potatoes are almost tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are very tender, about 25 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 411 mg