Flavorful potatoes and cauliflower keep calories down but satisfaction levels high.
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 medium Yukon gold or russet potato (6 oz.), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 8-inch flour or whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, warmed
- 1 cup grated vegan Monterey Jack cheese
1. Pulse tomatoes, chipotle chile, and garlic in food processor until coarse purée forms.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and oregano; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, potato, and tomato mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover, and simmer 5 minutes more, or until cauliflower and potato are tender. Stir in cilantro.
3. Divide cauliflower mixture among tortillas, top with rice, and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tortillas, leaving one end open.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 burritos
- Calories: 366
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 491 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g