These wonderfully simple potatoes, with thinly sliced red onion, fresh basil and grated Asiago cheese, are baked until the top is golden brown.
- 1 1/2 lbs. yellow Finnish or red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, into rings
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese (2 oz.)
- Basil sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 8-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Arrange one-third of the potato slices in bottom of prepared dish. Top potatoes with 1/3 cup onion slices, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Repeat layers (except for salt and pepper) twice.
- In glass measuring cup, mix broth and oil; drizzle over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender, 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with Asiago cheese and bake until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish each serving with basil sprigs.
- Serving Size: 8 Servings
- Calories: 113
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg