Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This versatile soup can be served hot in the winter or chilled in the summer. Fennel, a white celery-like bulb, gives it a delicate anise flavor. For a more powerful punch, try substituting green onions for leeks.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and fennel, and cook 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
2. Add broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 25 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
3. Purée soup in batches in food processor. Return to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with fennel fronds, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 134
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 512 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g