Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These layered vegetables make a spectacular presentation.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place 24 potato slices in single layer on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add broth and cook over high heat until almost all liquid evaporates, about 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
- Lightly coat another baking sheet with cooking spray. Line sheet with 6 slices of potato. Top each with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon cooled onion mixture, followed by about 1/4 cup sliced peppers. Sprinkle with marjoram. Repeat 2 more times, topping with the remaining potato slices (you should have 4 layers of potatoes). Top each Napoleon with cheese and parsley.
- Bake until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g