Serve this frittata warm or at room temperature, as a main dish for supper, lunch or brunch.
- 6 cooked small new potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbs. low-fat milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions (white and pale green parts), sliced diagonally
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In 8 or 9-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add all onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add potatoes to skillet, spreading to cover bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and pour egg mixture over vegetables, covering evenly. Cover and cook until egg mixture has set around edges but center is still liquid, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Scatter cheese over surface. Place skillet under broiler and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Cut the frittata into 4 wedges and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 2 Servings
- Calories: 197
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 104 mg