Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Masala refers to an aromatic blend of spices and this filling potatoes masala recipe does not disappoint. Look for unusual ingredients such as tamarind paste in specialty food stores, Indian and Middle Eastern markets or your grocers international foods aisle. See alsoKathryn Budig’s Time-Saving Sun Butter + Coconut Curry
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender when tested with a knife,about 15 minutes. Drain,and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine 1 cup water, tomato purée, ketchup, tamarind paste, sugar, ginger, coriander, garlic, chili powder, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomato paste mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add potatoes,stirring to coat. Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve hot.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 140 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g