The ingredients for this recipe are basic, but the results are anything but boring.
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split horizontally
- 4 Tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 dill pickle, quartered lengthwise
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided (6 oz.)
- 1 5.3-oz. pkg. vegetarian deli ham
- 4 tsp. unsalted butter, softened
1. Spread bottom halves of rolls with mustard. Top each with pickle quarter. Layer with cheese slice, ham slices, then second cheese slice. Spread butter on top halves of rolls. Press to adhere.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and top with cast iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 2 to 5 minutes. Remove cast iron skillet, flip sandwiches, replace cast iron skillet, and cook 2 minutes more, or until cheese has melted and roll is golden.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 417
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 765 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g