This is a light, brothy chili that’s based on a classic French ratatouille. Smother it in grated Gruyère cheese, add some crusty French bread and you’ll swear you’re dining in a veg-friendly auberge near the Riviera.
- 2 14.5-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 small zucchini (about 1 lb.), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in 4-qt. slow cooker or large pot.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook chili on low 4 to 6 hours. Or, place lid on pot, and bring chili to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Spoon chili into bowls, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 136
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 810 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g