This Provençal dish is a favorite throughout France, where large wedges of pumpkin are sold at vegetable markets in the fall and winter. If you don’t have fresh sage, simply substitute 1 Tbs. dried rubbed sage.
- 1 2 1/2-lb. pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (about 2 1/2 Tbs.)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish or gratin dish with nonstick spray.
- Toss pumpkin cubes with garlic, parsley, sage, and salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer to baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 1 hour, or until pumpkin begins to soften and brown around the edges, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, and toss with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake 15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 167 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g