The rice flour in this heavenly, aromatic gluten-free teacake makes it reminiscent of mochi, sweet Japanese rice treats.
- Coconut- or olive-oil cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup canned 100 percent pure pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp canned light coconut milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk in pumpkin purée, coconut oil, and coconut milk. Slowly whisk in rice flour, baking powder, and spice until fully combined.
Pour batter into pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool on a rack. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 15
- Calories: 126
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g