Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The holidays are fading fast, but that doesnt mean that the seasons favoritespumpkins and cranberrieshave to go with them. This easy-to-assemble pudding is just as good warm or chilled.
- Put 1 1/2 cups soymilk and vanilla extract into saucepan, and stir in tapioca pearls. Stir remaining 1/2 cup soymilk with cornstarch, and, when well mixed, stir cornstarch mixture into tapioca mixture. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat soymilk mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding begins to thicken, about 7 minutes. Whisk in sugar and salt, stirring to remove any lumps.
- Stir in pumpkin purée and dried fruit. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and spoon into heatproof serving bowl. Serve warm, or refrigerate.
- To serve, garnish with toasted pecans, if using.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 67 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 41 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g