This pesto is elegant and flavorful. Try it as an alternative to salsa on nachos. Pumpkin seed oil is stocked with other specialty oils in many supermarkets, but you can substitute olive oil in a pinch.
- 1 cup unsalted hulled (green) pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch cayenne
- Toast pumpkin seeds in large skillet over medium heat, 4 to 5 minutes, or until puffed and golden, stirring constantly.
- Transfer seeds to food processor. Add remaining ingredients, and process until smooth. Serve with Three Sisters Casserole, or store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
- Calories: 108
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 147 mg