These pumpkin seeds are the perfect botana (cocktail snack) with Posada Punch—spicy, salty and studded with bits of chewy, caramelized garlic.
- 1/4-CUP SERVINGServings
- 3 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 heads garlic (about 24 cloves, peeled, root ends trimmed and sliced)
- 2 tsp. ground chile de arbol powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher or coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pumpkin seeds on ungreased baking sheet 10 minutes, or until light brown, shaking sheet occasionally so seeds cook evenly.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in wide skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often. As garlic slices begin to brown and caramelize, watch carefully to make sure they don't burn. Transfer to serving bowl.
3. Add pumpkin seeds, chile powder and salt to garlic. Stir well to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Makes about 2 cups
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 252 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g