Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These pumpkin seeds are the perfect botana (cocktail snack) with Posada Punch—spicy, salty and studded with bits of chewy, caramelized garlic.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pumpkin seeds on ungreased baking sheet 10 minutes, or until light brown, shaking sheet occasionally so seeds cook evenly.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in wide skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often. As garlic slices begin to brown and caramelize, watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn. Transfer to serving bowl.
3. Add pumpkin seeds, chile powder and salt to garlic. Stir well to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size Makes about 2 cups
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 252 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g