When our chakras are imbalanced, we may experience “dis-ease” in that area of the body, plus related psychosomatic symptoms such as hip problems, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, heart conditions, mucus, headaches, or brain fog. Thanks to ingredients such as grounding root vegetables, sultry cinnamon, empowering turmeric, heart-expanding leafy greens, nutrient-dense spirulina, and enlightening beets, these soups are delicious plant medicine.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and ginger, and sauté, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, 5 minutes.
- Scoop sweet potato flesh from skins and cut into ½-inch chunks. Add to the pot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth purée using an immersion blender, or let cool and purée in batches with a regular blender.
- Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt. Serve topped with a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.
- Serving Size 4